The basic requirements for Aspiranet adoptive families include the following:
- Prospective adoptive parents should expect to participate in required training, interviews and an extensive home study to help prepare your heart and home for the adoption process.There is paperwork involved, but Aspiranet is here to help you successfully complete the process.
- Prospective adoptive parents and others living in the home 18 yrs and older are required to be fingerprinted for a criminal background check and the child abuse index.
- Prospective adoptive parents are required to be certified in CPR and First Aid for infants, children and adults.
- You must provide a copy of your driving record from the DMV.
- You are required to have a physical examination from your doctor and a TB test.
- You are required to have sufficient bed space in your home.
- Your existing income must cover all of your household expenses.